The Don Ryan Center for Innovation exists to help innovators, start-ups and early stage businesses launch and grow their companies, providing the resources and experienced business guidance needed to help them achieve their goals – and help create a vibrant entrepreneurial business climate throughout the region
History & Overview of Don Ryan Center for Innovation
The Don Ryan Center for Innovation (DRCI) was established in 2012 as a 501(c)3 non-profit. Under the Town of Bluffton’s Economic Development Department, the organization’s purpose was to function as a business incubator to grow Bluffton’s and the surrounding regions’ economic base by helping innovative start-up or early-stage companies. The organization first incubated 29 companies and expanded into partnerships with Beaufort County Schools, USCB, TCL, SCAD and the City of Beaufort to promote and support innovation and entrepreneurship for the purposes of economic development.
Today the vision driving the Don Ryan Center is to create a vibrant entrepreneurial business climate within the region through economic development emphasizing organic, sustainable growth.
Don Ryan Center for InnovationServices and Programs
The Don Ryan Center focuses on three core areas: Business Incubation and Growth Programs, Economic Development, and Membership
- Resiliency Program- Program for quick questions, advice for your existing business or a new startup or if you not sure what you need or where to start?
- Pre Start Program- Program for when you’ve decided to start a business but don’t know where to start.
- Start Up Program – The DRCI “STARTUP Program” places your company with a team of skilled business people and a wide range of connections at the Local, State, and National levels that can help your business set and achieve goals.
- Growth Program – A deeper dive for mature businesses that are executing a business plan and have established revenues.
- HEROES Initiative – A unique entrepreneurial program for Military, Veterans, Police, Firefighters & EMTs.
The Don Ryan Center’s proactive marketing and recruitment efforts are focused on the specific target industries of…
Back Office & Information Technology
Aerospace & Defense
Light (Privately Held) Manufacturing
Building a sense of community is crucial to creating an innovative environment. Membership includes…
Networking and community outreach opportunities at The HUB
Complimentary and discounted registration for all events
Downloadable worksheets and business builder tips
Video resource center
The Hub Workspace:
The Hub allows the Don Ryan Center to expand its networking events and opportunities for members, accelerating the creation of entrepreneurial ventures, knowledge-based jobs and innovative business solutions.
Gigabit high-speed internet
HD (50”80”) monitors for presentations and workshops.
Screen-share monitors in meeting rooms and gathering spaces
Flexible seating arrangements
- Conference Room Rentals