The OUT Georgia Business Alliance is the only LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce in the State of Georgia. OUT serves the LGBTQ+ and Allied business community in Georgia, and their mission is to advocate for the most inclusive and equitable business environment; provide support and resources to fuel economic growth; and drive meaningful community connections and impact across the State of Georgia.
History & Overview of the OUT Georgia Business Alliance
Established in 1994, the OUT Georgia Business Alliance (formerly the Atlanta Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce) is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., and is a proud affiliate of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. It was built on the vision that every Georgian should have equitable access to the resources, opportunity, and support to start, grow, or scale their business and to safely and fully participate in the workplace and communities across the State of Georgia. The chamber is an affiliate of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
OUT focuses on three core areas: providing active advocacy and education for pro-business and pro-LGBTQ+ policies, driving business growth and advancement for Members, and building community. There is a chapter in Savannah, that meets regularly to foster the LGBTQ+ and Allied business community.
OUT Georgia Business Alliance Services & Offerings
A Savannah OUT Ambassador organizes the monthly Business Builders Networking Lunch every fourth Tuesday of the month at a different location around town. The Business Builder Lunch networking series brings Savannah business leaders together with a focus on building connections and driving referrals over lunch. Registration is Free for Members and Guests, but seating is limited and each attendee is responsible for their own lunch bill.
In addition to the Savannah Meetup, OUT offers the following tools and resources within the state of Georiga:
- Business Directory – The directory is for all LGBTQ+ and Allied businesses. LGBTQ+-led businesses are denoted with a certification.
- TGX360 – An employment and entrepreneurship initiative created by and for Georgia’s Transgender and Gender Expansive (TGX) community. The program provides full-service support, programming, and solutions to individuals on their employment and entrepreneurship journeys, and in turn improve access to healthcare, affordable housing, and other social determinants of health and prosperity.
- The Impact Fund – One area these funds goes to invest in small businesses that are led by individuals who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and other gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise Certification – Major U.S. corporations are increasingly demonstrating a commitment to completing the diversity supply chain by not only creating inclusive work environments and marketing to a broad, diverse consumer base but also by purchasing products and services directly from certified businesses. Certification adds value to your business by providing another channel through which to market your products or services.
- Job Board – The board features listings from active OUT Georgia Member businesses, nonprofits, and Corporate Partners.
- Events – OUT hosts a number of events throughout the year, including annual events like the Community Honors Celebration and the LGBTQ+ Business Summit