The Savannah Economic Development Authority’s (SEDA) mission is to help create, grow and attract new job opportunities and investment in the Savannah region. Whether a business is looking to relocate to the Savannah region or an existing business is ready to grow and expand, SEDA is the centrifuge of a propeller, making the connections, and helping propel the business to success.
History & Overview of SEDA
SEDA has been active for almost 100 years. An independently funded organization, SEDA acts in the best interest of both its clients and the community without the hindrances often associated with publicly funded operations. Specifically, through business attraction, business retention, and additional SEDA initiatives, SEDA offers customized services to help make it happen for businesses by connecting them to the resources needed.
SEDA focuses on serving eight core industries: advanced manufacturing, aerospace, electric vehicle manufacturing, logistics and distribution, entertainment productions, technology and innovation, health tech, and specialty food and beverage manufacturing.
Savannah Economic Development Authority Services
- Workforce Initiatives – SEDA offers connectivity to area institutions, technical colleges, and workforce programs to help businesses grow and succeed. The Georgia Quick Start program designs, develops and delivers customized workforce training for qualified companies that are creating or retaining jobs in Georgia. This free program was named the number-one workforce training program in the United States.
- Taxes and Incentives – In addition to promoting and listing state, city, and county tax incentives that help businesses relocate to and grow in Savannah, SEDA offers incentives of its own: Real Property Tax Abatement, Grant Financing/Discretionary Funding, Personal Property Tax Abatement, Entertainment Production and more.
- Infrastructure – Savannah’s ideal location on the Atlantic Ocean in the southeastern part of the United States puts 65 percent of the U.S. population within a two-day drive by ground, water, rail or air. SEDA has deep, long-standing relationships with the Ports of Savannah, the rail network, and the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport.
- Property – The Savannah region is the hottest industrial real estate market in the nation. SEDA helps businesses find the building, land or large industrial tract they need. Utilizing our Geographic Information System-enabled property database, businesses can easily identify industrial property starting from 5,000 square feet to 1,200 acres.
- Connectivity to the Tech Community – SEDA partners with The Creative Coast to provide a landing pad for the local tech community and tech startup founders. The Creative Coast offers social and educational programming to help local innovators launch, scale, and thrive.
- International Relationships – SEDA partners with the World Trade Center Savannah, which stimulates trade and investment opportunities for commercial property developers, economic development agencies and international businesses looking to connect globally and prosper locally.
- Resources and Data – SEDA has compiled helpful resources like insightful data, valuable news, maps, current incentives, and helpful contacts to help businesses understand and utilize the advantages of doing business in Savannah.