The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) Savannah Chapter strives to educate, promote, influence and unite Savannah’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances Savannah’s tech-based economy. TAG has five statewide chapters and 20+ societies that host 150+ events for its 30,000 members across the state of Georgia.
History & Overview of Technology Association of Georgia
TAG was launched in January 1999 with the merger of three of the state’s largest technology organizations: the Southeastern Software Association, the Business and Technology Alliance, and Women in Technology. Today TAG has become one of the largest technology organizations in the country. Its mission is to help Georgia’s technology companies speak in a strong voice. The Association helps members connect with companies that use their services.
Technology Association of Georgia Group Services and Programs
Core values that drive its services and programs:
- Connect – TAG brings together major players across multiple industry verticals through events, professional societies and mentorships, drawing from the breadth and depth of Georgia’s vast tech ecosystem and TAG’s 30,000+ members to make lasting connections.
- Promote – TAG tells the story of why Georgia is a top location for technology and provides brand visibility across a vibrant tech space. High-profile awards, digital marketing and global events spotlight Georgia’s technology workforce, and our statewide technology community.
- Influence – TAG fosters business development and enables companies and leaders to influence our state’s future, making sure we have great policies and a favorable business climate for GA’s technology sector to grow and thrive.
- Educate – Engagement with TAG enables companies to educate audiences and position themselves as key players. TAG also helps prepare the workforce for today and the future through the TAG-Ed, which promotes robust STEM education opportunities.
TAG offers the following services
- Partnership Programs
- Educational Resources
- Job Connections and Networks
- Membership Marketplace